Texturing Problem. Textures not fitting onto model.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My issue here is those horizontal lines on part of the model.  Ideally the texture should be a bunch of square boxes spread across the model.  As you can see, those horizontal lines are a problem.  I used SL viewer to upload the model and used Firestorm to texture it.  The bottle is a lathed model that I created using 3ds Max.

Anyone have any solutions? Please let me know n.n

Is this a sculpty or an arbitrary mesh? 

If it's a sculpty, then the problem is uneven distribution vertices.  Sculpties don't allow you to adjust the UV layout, so you're forced to adjust the actual geometry of the model, to acheive desired texture placement.

If it's an arbitrary mesh, then the problem is your UV mapping.  Adjust the UV's for even distribution across the texture canvas, and the texture will wrap evenly around the model. 

Remember, when making mesh models (for any purpose, not just for SL), the actual modeling is only half the procedure.  The other half is UV mapping.  If you don't UV it, you're not going to be able to texture it.

Nah, UV mapping is easy, and fun.  It can be time consuming sometimes, but there's nothing painful about it.  Like anything else, it just takes a bit of practice to get good at it.

That said, some programs do make it a little harder than others.  The OP said he's using Max, though, which has an excellent tool set, so there shouldn't be any significant difficulty.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4348 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.