cursor or mouse griefing

lokirat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

think i have another griefer. whilst building in public sandbox island my cursor centrerd and would not do much but shake in a 1cm area.... i chat " hahaha trolol lol lol la la lol..." came to post here and it stopped. well solved, but still i didnt find this topic in search so hope i can ease others worry

2 answers to this question

Your mouse freezing or acting irratic is a mouse problem.  You might have just encountered a one time system glitch and never see the problem again (that is actually the most probable cause).  But it if persists check for drivers for your mouse (though mice and keyboards work on the generic drivers all operating systems have, mice and keyboards that have special features require drivers for those features to work.  If you don't use those features then simply uninstalling them to force the generic drivers to be used would fix a problem like that......but you won't have some features that are nice to have).  If you are using a wireless mouse your batteries may need changing.  If you are using a Blue Tooth mouse you might want to change the USB port your Blue Tooth transciever is plugged into.  And, of course, your mouse may be failing........you'll have to replace it if that's the case.

• Like 1

Peggy has covered almost all of the ground.  It sounds like you have a sick mouse.  One simple thing that she didn't suggest is to clean your mouse's feet.  If it's a ball mouse, open up the ball chamber and blow out the dust and goo in there.  Wipe down the ball with a damp cloth, dry it, and put it back in.  If you have a laser mouse, wipe its base.  It's amazing how much a little dirt can mess up a perfectly good mouse, and how much a simple cleaning can fix it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.