Trouble uploading rigged mesh

Jacquelin Seisenbacher

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm using Blender 2492 and using the process laid out in this

tutorial.  In the past I have been able to upload mesh but now I am having to give it 5-6 tries before it even uploads, and then the rigging isn't working.  As in, it isn't rigged at all.  So, in The Case Of The Oversized Bloomers, when I go to wear them, it is just an oversized set of mesh bloomers attached to my hand like a newb cube.  I am using the current official SL viewer.  Is there some glitch going on, or am I completely just messing this up somewhere in the process?

We usually refer to Blender as 2.49 or 2.63a... I'm not sure if you mean a 2.49 version. I've been using 2.63a and doing pretty well, provided I change the object's name in Blender. If I have a problem, I drop back to 2.62.

There is a naming problem that Gaia Clary talks about here in the forum. There is also a Bone Handles problem. They are made from empties. They have to be removed before you can use version 2.59 to 2.62 to create the export file. There are a bunch of gotchas. They are all explained here in the forum.

Presumably you are using SL 3.3.2 (258114), now the main viewer. I've used it to upload several mesh items today.

HOWEVER... if you are in one of the Pathfinding beta regions, it won't work. At least I have not been able to upload mesh to PF region. You can look in Help->About... to see whether you are in a PF regions or not.

Jacquelin Seisenbacher wrote:

I'm using Blender 2492 and using the process laid out in

tutorial.  In the past I have been able to upload mesh but now I am having to give it 5-6 tries before it even uploads, and then the rigging isn't working.  As in, it isn't rigged at all.  So, in The Case Of The Oversized Bloomers, when I go to wear them, it is just an oversized set of mesh bloomers attached to my hand like a newb cube.  I am using the current official SL viewer.  Is there some glitch going on, or am I completely just messing this up somewhere in the process?

I assume that you mean you are using Blender 2.49? I haven't heard about the rigging not working at all all of a sudden. I could take a look at your file if you like. Just PM or IM, and I'll give you a place to send it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.