Blender assistance

JimmyCorrigan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you've followed my suggestion above, you will now have lots of links leading to youtube tutorials, sl classes and blender websites... that's the best place to start. As I also said above, Blender is so extensive that it will take a while to learn, so I can't imagine you learning all you need to from a quick group/forum message.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but there's plenty of documentation and videos on the net (and this forum) to get you off to a good start.

Best of luck :-)

Hi Jimmy :)

Welcome to the world of Blender. It's a cool and powerful program after you get the hang of it by watching good tutorials.

Here are some suggestions:

Jason Welsh has two great Blender series that will teach you all the basics that you need to know about modeling and texturing in Blender.

• Modeling: 
  • Texturing: 

Another great all-around tutorial resource is http://cgcookie.com/blender/ .

If you want SL-specific Blender training, try out these two resources:

If you search the forum for Blender tutorials, you'll find other resource sites. Also, you can find several Blender classes for beginners at the Builder's Brewery educational SIM inworld. There are a number of Blender groups in world; you might want to join the group Blender Mesh Development.

I'll add Second Life Mesh Clothes Blender 2.6 Setup 2012 Tutorial. It has information about installing Blender for easy update and running multiple versions. Blender is updaing quickly. Some updates don't work so well with SL. So, it is common to design in one version of Blender and use another version to export the Collada file needed for SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.