How do i convert Lindens to USDs. I want to pull my Lindens out and convert to dollars. How?

Joy Larkspur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

1.  You must have a payment method on file.  To get your $L out, it must be a verified PayPal account.

2.  You must have purchased $L at least once.

3.  Sell your $L.  On your Dashboard page, click the "Manage" link next to the "Buy $L" button.

4.  Selling your $L will increase your $USD balance.

5.  Also under the Manage link is a choice, "Process Credit".  Click that to transfer money from your $USD balance to PayPal.  This may take 7-10 business days.

If you can't do all that, some third party exchanges also allow you to sell $L and receive the proceeds as real currency.  See their sites for detailed requirements.  I've used VirWox successfully, but there are others.

• Like 3

Some corrections to Lindal's otherwise excellent response.

The payment method that you have on file does NOT have to be PayPal. It can be any accepted method of payment. It has to get used to make at least one payment to Linden Lab, usually to purchase at least $2.50 USD worth of L$, so LL knows your payment info is valid and traceable. (Annoying, perhaps, but a necessary fraud prevention step.)

When you do the step to cash out via PayPal, they will ask at that time for the e-mail address of the PayPal account to cash out to. That information is not populated based on your payment info that you have on file. You manually enter it.

Lindal was correct however that the PayPal account used to cash out needs to be a Verified PayPal account, meaning you've linked it to a bank account at PayPal's end first. There is info on the PayPal site for how yo verify your account.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4354 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.