Hotkey list? Hotkey to activate IM window?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

Is there a list of hotkeys in V3?  Just the hotkeys indicated on the menu bar?  Can we edit hotkeys?

Also, is there a hotkey for making the IM window active (i.e., giving it focus)?  Or for the friends list?  In the old viewer, and in other viewers, it was CTL-T.  I'm constantly hitting CTL-T now to regain focus in IMs, but instead I must now click in the IM window, which is much slower and more annoying.  Is there a hotkey for doing this in V3?

Thanks.

Thanks for the replies, and thanks especially for that wonderful link to all the shortcuts.  CTL SHIFT F and G certainly help!  But what I really want is a hotkey to give focus to the IM window.  Optimally, I'd like to be able to use the keyboard to tab among IMs.  Phoenix has CTL-T, I think, to get IM focus.  I'm a keyboard guy, and while I like V3 a lot, I really miss my CTL-T!  Unless I'm mistaken, it's not on the list you linked.  :(

I suppose I should file some sort of JIRA thing to request this?  Those never seem to lead to change, do they?

Thanks.  Heck, I think Phoenix and Firestorm may preserve it, too.  But I'm inclined to stick with the official viewer for now, as I've had some trouble with third-party viewers recently.  This one issue isn't enough to make me switch, and I'm actually enjoying some of the distinctive features of V3.  E.g., do other viewers have the Facebook-style feed on profiles?  Also, I rather like the configurable rows of quick-select buttons on the bottom and left side of the V3 screen.  And I kinda like the notifications system in the upper-right.  All in all, it's growing on me.

Except for this hotkey thing!  Where can I ask LL to implement one?

Agree with you on V3, I love it too.

Also Dolphin, I forgot Dolphin. It also has Ctrl+T for IMs. I have no experience with Phoenix or Firestorm to recommend either.

From memory, all three (four with Dolphin) viewers I listed use Web profiles and the 'Flexible UI' for placing buttons. Notifications top-right, also. The shortcut for these tends to move to Ctrl+Shift+T.

The correct place to ask would be a JIRA. If you do feel compelled to try, good luck and be sure to link back to the JIRA ID here. I'd love to watch it, too. Moving shortcut keys around makes me so mad.

Well, there already is a JIRA calling for the return of CTL-T (or some other hotkey) to toggle the IM window on/off.  It's here:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26790

I added a comment supporting this change.  The JIRA has been there a while, though, so it does not seem to be a priority for LL.  :(  

The JIRA relates to Viewer 2, so I wasn't sure whether to open a new one for Viewer 3; I didn't want to spam the bug-report database.  But if V2 JIRAs are being ignored, maybe I should make a new one?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.