Why I gave up my home

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Coby Foden wrote:

16 wrote:

... am not good to be next to then. i start throw things. boxes, laptops, sofas, chocolate cakes, peanut brownies, people, the whole house even. and thats just in reals  ...

/me takes note not to ever piss 16 off  :smileysurprised:

I stopped doing that when I was 16. :|

Anger is something best left behind - having come out of an extremely violent background, I was only able to heal and overcome by learning to let most of it pass me by - not bottling it up, but not taking it in to begin with. Something I've found in the study of Buddhism, Taoism, and Rastafari.

I think the OP is pretty much gone. I've been noticing this intermittent rezzing problem for about a week or two now. Pretty much anywhere. But its better for the last few days.

After you're in SL long enough, you just kinda get used to shrugging about some things and trying again or trying a different angle/method on what you were doing.

Brenda Connolly wrote:

Yeah, I've been having a hell of a time the past few days on my estate parcel. I'll try to rezz stuff and it will leave inventory and not show up, so I've had to log off, clear cache, log on and try again.

Lost a no copy item that way a few months ago. First time that's ever happened to me in SL in all these years. A thing to let me know of recent visitors that had a LM giver and would show a profile image. Really great item from SHX.

Never came back to my inventory - despite assorted cache clearings and so on.

Was only a vanity item designed to tell me just how amazingly low on search my land actually is - sort of self punishment - so I'm just kinda shrugging until I get the urge to buy it again... :)

I seldom actually throw things (they try to make sure my environment is clear of throwables other than my bottle of beer—they've come to realize I won't throw that) but I have been known to yell a lot, often in very uncouth language.:smileyvery-happy:

@Rasputtin: Presumably you found a solution to your problem or, if not, walked away from it. Let me suggest that it's a good idea to follow up when you post something in the Forum. A lot of people spent time making suggestions, offering tips, etc. Never hurts to come back and respond, and it will make it much more likely that you'll get a response to your next question.

Qie Niangao wrote:

One is the failed rezzing itself, but then there's the peculiar handling of the thing that failed to rez.  If it's no-copy, instead of remaining in Inventory, it goes on some strange walkabout, disappearing altogether, perhaps to reappear upon relog--or perhaps not.

Well no wonder I couldn't seem to hit the micro-parcel set aside for unpacking your purchases at that one store. Third try was the charm.. which made it go *poof* completely and I had to repurchase the item.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

i have been known to yell a lot, often in very uncouth language

you will go to hell if you swear. is true. is in the commandments

and before you go to hell the nuns will punish you for that. so you will be in big trouble two times

is no commandment says: you shall not throw stuff

so i am go to heaven

Yeah, there is a lot of delayed rezzing going on lately, too. I always get some IMs asking for their stuff back, but it's actually bouncing around the SL ether, due to hit their lost & found folder in a few days (or log ins.)

I personally have the problem with not being able to rez unless I click close by and zoom in, all the time.

/keeps reading to see if the OP returned to a Linden home

wow.  Lots of smart people here : )

I gave up the home.

The part of the story I left out is that when I TPed to my brand new home, there was a couple in it!  I asked, "there isn't a single person on this sim except the 3 of you and you are in my brand new Linden house."

The girl said "Stopping camming me."

I said, "/me averts his eyes."

the guy apolgizes and said he had just given it up.

Anyway, I gave it up and rented some land where I can put objects down.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.