Hi. I bought the HeizaraHills Premium City. Where is my city? SOrry I'm new.

Vioreena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Wow, you are starting in a BIG way for someone only two days old.

What you may not understand is that what you have bought is an object...actually, a bundle of objects.  You must have land to put your city on.

The item you bought is HUGE.  It takes an entire sim, a map region, to hold it.  You have several options here.

1.  You can buy your own private region from Linden Lab.  This costs $1,000 USD setup, and a recurring monthly charge of $295 USD.

2.  You can lease an entire private region from an estate owner.  Prices will vary, but since the estate owner is paying that $295 per month to LL, you can expect to pay somewhat more than that.  You will probably have to have some discussions with the estate owner about what you plan to do with the region.  Many estates are themed, and the owner may not like the idea of a big city smack in the middle of their tropical island paradise.

2b.  If you don't need a lot of prims over and above the city itself, you can lease a "homestead" region from an estate owner.  Expect to pay around $125 - $140 per month for this.  Homestead regions are limited to a maximum of 20 avatars present at any one time, and support up to 3750 prims (as opposed to 15,000 prims for a "full" region.)

3.  You can buy an entire Mainland region from the current owner.  Pricing will vary widely (anywhere from around $L65,000 up to $L300,000 or more), and you may be able to negotiate a deal with the owner.  Once purchased, a mainland region will cost you $195 USD per month in tier to Linden Lab.

If you decide to pursue acquiring a region for your city, once you have it, then follow the directions that came with the city to rez it on your land.

If you decide all of this is a lot more expense than you bargained for (I wouldn't blame you!) contact the seller and explain you made a mistake and didn't understand that you had to have land to put the city on.  Ask if they will refund your money.  (They don't have to do so, but they may take pity on you if you are polite.)

I recommend you take my Land Basics class to learn more about Second Life virtual land.  It's free, and it's held at Caledon Oxbridge University on Fridays at 5 pm SL time.

EDIT:  I took a closer look at the city.  The ad claims you can rent to "60 residents".  I hope you are not basing any income projections on that.  For one thing, you have to allow each resident some prims, for furniture and such.  They can get 117 prims in a free Linden Home, so you should offer at least that amount.  Also, you are competing with Linden Homes on price...so you will have to charge less than $9.95 per month, or about $L2400.  On my rental property, which is also a high rise building like the ones in your city, I charge about that amount, and give residents up to 300 prims.  And I have a 50% vacancy factor at the present. :matte-motes-frown:  SL is experiencing a land glut.

• Like 3

You bought a city within your first few days? Brave.

You said that you opened the box and copied it to Inventory.  The objects in the folder (maybe just one grouped object) is your city.  You have to 'rez' it to use it - and as Lindal said, that is going to require a lot of land. You might want to just keep it tucked away in inventory for a while as you learn more about SL to decide if you want to invest lots more money here.

• Like 2

It pays to learn a little a SL before you rush off to buy things.  Especially expensive things, and anything over L$100 or so is expensive in SL terms.  That city is probably worth the price they're charging, but only if you know exactly why you want it and how to use it.

Similarly, trying to customise your avatar and clothes is a frustrating business until you know how SL works.

Teleport to Kuula sim.  Ask NCI (a volunteer group) for freebies, help and classes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.