How can I ban someone in chat?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Set up a chat Roll And Enable chat for all residents in that roll. ad all your guests to that roll and leave that one guy out. . Set the "Everyone" Roll to not enable chat.

There is also chat disabling in viewer 3 . In the active speakers list you can moderate the chat of a resident but turning their  chat off.

Other methods require a bot banning system. Metabolt does it with their plugins...

There is also a setting to moderate chat so you can have moderators now

What chat do you own?  If you own the LAND you can ban someone from that land.  You can mute someone, and block them from contacting you.  You can report a person to SL for breaking TOS.

To my knowledge,  there is no way for YOU as a user,  to ban someone from SL - just because you want to.

The ability to moderate the ability to chat in a group has been around since long before V3 came to be. It's been out some years now.(I don't know how many, but at least the last 3, that I  know of-I started using it over 3 years ago in one particular group, just never paid attention to it before then).

That's actually the easiest way. Creating a new role specifically for chat works too, but whether or not it's effective depends heavily on the kind of group, rate of new members and whether or not there is always someone online to add new folks to that role..and double all of that if it's a very active group. You could be creating more work for yourself with this method.

I just disable chat priviledges for people who can't behave. I've only had to leave it permanently on for one person in the last 3+ years though.

Kicking them out of the group doesn't really work unless you require a hefty membership fee or don't have open enrollment at all(but again you run into the problem of someone needing to be on to invite them, should someone want to join, etc.. etc..). People just keep coming back, otherwise.

Tari Landar wrote:

The ability to moderate the ability to chat in a group has been around since long before V3 came to be. It's been out some years now.(I don't know how many, but at least the last 3, that I  know of-I started using it over 3 years ago in one particular group, just never paid attention to it before then).

I recall it being added to viewer 2 . not before. But ive been wrong before. Only once a year at most lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.