how do i send a ticket 20 thousand of my inventory is missing

Tasha Karsin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

First, please make sure you're using the official viewer and that you've followed the suggestions outlined in the Wiki section on Inventory Loss.   LL will suggest that first, and won't look at complaints about missing inventory unless you can confirm it's missing in their viewer as well as whatever TPV you might prefer to use (if you do use one).

Clearing your cache manually is often the fix -- in a Windows 7 viewer, it's typically at C:\Users\[user ID]\AppData\Local\SecondLife,  and you need to delete everything in that folder.   Then relog somewhere quiet and let your inventory reload and see what happens.

If you run several different viewers, please make sure that they have their cache locations set for different folders for each viewer -- viewers sharing cache folders is a recipe for trouble.

Once you've done all that, if your inventory is still missing, you can file a ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

But this sort of massive inventory loss is often caused by your local cache being corrupted, in which case deleting it should fix the problem.

Tasha,

Step 1 - Clean SL Viewer installation.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

If using a 3rd party viewer - possible steps to take are in this post..

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Inventory/HELP-i-lost-about-3-000-items-in-my-inventory-after-clearing/qaq-p/1530265

In all cases, do a login into a quiet region until your inventory information is rebuilt.

:)

It's unlikely that you need to submit a support ticket. Your inventory is very probably not missing at all.  There are a couple ways to get your inventory to load.  The, and simplest is to clear your cache and relog.  Using viewer 3 you'll find the clear cache option under the "Me" menu and click "Preferences".  Next click on the "Advanced" tab......you'll see the clear cache option.  Simply click the clear cache button, okay out of all the pop-ups, then relag.

That usually fixes your inventory not loading problem.  But sometimes it doesn't do it (you could go through process a few more times which sometimes fixes it but not likely).  The next way to clear your cache is to do what is called "manually clearing your cache".  Launch your viewer again (don't log in yet).  Then go to "Me > Perferecnes > Advanced".  make a not of your cache location your computer in the box that's next to the clear cache button you tried before.  Close your viewer and navigate to that location that you noted.  Open the final folder at the end of that path then "Select all" and "Delete".  Restart your computer then launch your viewer again.  Don't log into your regular login location.  In the "Log in location" box type in a Linden Lab maintained sim (Pooley, Lime, Aqua and a few others..those are the three I remembe off the top of my head).  If your log in location box is not showing go to preferences and on the "General" tab click the box to "Show Login" the close the preferences (it will be there for you to type in the log in location).  When you log in you'll arrive as an underwater sim with no builds, no scripts and no textures other than the underwater terrain textures.  Take a couple steps away from the landing point and open your inventory.  Your inventory should be loading but if it's not then jump start it by typing in random letters in the search box (type slowly and stop typing once the inventory counter starts).  Now just wait for everything to load.....watch the counter and when it changes from "fetching" to "fetched" its complete.  At that point TP back to your normal log in place and your inventory should all be there for you.

I want to stress that while you are waiting your inventory to load, don't do anything else.  Don't walk or fly arround, don't chat or IM and not try to change clothes, skins, or shapes.  Just wait.  And with a 20 k inventory you might have to wait a while........be patient.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4402 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.