HELP! i lost about 3,000 items in my inventory after clearing cache nothing returned

zoeysuicide

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a Major crisis i logged on this morning to find that most of my inventory was missing ... After clearing viewer cache and relogging waiting for everything to reload nothing was returned back to my inventory soo please HELP me!!

2 answers to this question

1.  Uninstall your viewer.  If you have more than one viewer, uninstall all of them.  Follow these instructions to make sure you have removed all traces of the viewer(s) from your computer.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall

This is for the Firestorm viewer, but the principles work for any SL viewer.

2.  Reinstall your viewer.  If you later install additional viewers, be sure each viewer uses a different cache location.

3.  Turn off your computer and router/internet modem.  Wait a minute or two.  Turn them back on, reboot your computer, and log into SL in an empty region such as Heckendorf or Pooley.  WAIT for your inventory to load.

You can speed things up a bit by typing something (anything) into the inventory search window.

When your inventory has fully reloaded, see if your missing items are back.

If they are not, file a support ticket with LL.  NOTE:  technical support of this type requires that you have a Premium membership.  If you are  not Premium, and your missing items don't return on their own in a couple of days, it may be worthwhile to upgrade to Premium for a month, and file the support ticket.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.