Linden has no houses for Premium membership? When house/land be available? When will billing start?

kcmack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just purchased a one-year Premium account and only after the purchase was notified that there are no more houses/land. When will I receive my house/land and will my billing cycle be adjusted to start upon receipt? 

2 answers to this question

You have already been billed.

Linden Homes are in short supply at the moment.  You don't receive one automatically, you have to go to that web page and apply for one.  When you get it, you'll receive an email with the location of your Linden Home.

If you don't want to wait until one becomes available, you have another option.  You can find a 512 square meter parcel anywhere on the Mainland, and purchase it.  You will pay ZERO monthly tier on this 512 m2.

Please don't feel you've been cheated.  Premium membership offers you other benefits as well.  A $L300 stipend, paid every week on Tuesdays, and a $L1,000 sign up bonus paid after you have been a Premium member for 45 days.  You also get a higher level of support from LL.

EDIT:  Do NOT cancel your Premium membership!  Linden Lab doesn't give refunds, and you've just paid for a full year of Premium service.  If you do decide that Premium isn't for you, WAIT until you are a few days from your annual billing date, and downgrade to Basic then.

• Like 2

It's sort of like buying real estate in RL.  You can't expect to buy houses the way you buy a rutabega in the market. People are selling their Linden Homes all the time to trade up to something bigger on a more expensive piece of land.  As one of their homes comes on the market while you are looking to buy, you win.  Otherwise, you wait, especially when Linden Lab isn't building additional homes very fast at the moment.  Meanwhile, as Lindal says, you enjoy the other benefits of Premium membership and start exploring SL.  Unlike SL, you won't be sleeping under a bridge if you don't have a home today.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.