Group with No Owner?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

sometimes people will do this to make their affairs/business more private

create a temp account

create a group with that account

create officer role with all powers possible

officer can create roles, add other accounts, buy sell land for group etc

invite main account to group and assign officer role

delete temp account

16 wrote:

ps

how have you managed to hold on to your first name?

forum account creation date isn't the same as sl account creation date. So he could have been in sl for 5 years yet only yesterday created his forum account.

3.2 You agree to use an Account Name in Second Life that is not misleading, offensive or infringing. You are responsible for activities related to your Account Name, and for keeping your password for this Account secure.

1. Linden Lab signup's for accounts do not require you to use Real Life information at all in fact I can create a new account right now from any computer any IP address simply by giving an Email Address, Birthdate, and Avatar Name, and as long as the name is not offensive, and doesn't break the TOS, or other rules it is legit.

2. From there I can start a group for 100 L$, invite my Main Account to the group, a couple of alts assign them officer rights, and then Cancel my Temporary account leaving the group with therefore no owner.

3. Another possible situation is the Owner, or Group Founder got banned, suspended, or Owed money to LL and their account is in other words banned from Second Life, but the group will remain.

I am in a couple of groups right now with no owners just a bunch of officers.

The real problem however is when a group is left open enrollment where anyone can join the group, and then that group becomes a griefer group and there is no longer an owner there or even an officer to eject/kick members, change permissions and so the group becomes known as a griefer group and it starts being used as a Griefer Tag for griefing residents.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.