Can I change clothes without detaching HUDs?

Babycak3s

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm using Firestorm. I saved all of my outfits in the "outfits" folder and am using the "appearance" button to change clothes. It works perfectly, but it detaches all of my huds as well. Is there a way to stop that? I'd also like to lock my tattoo layer and a few other things if that's possble. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Easy.  Just don't put your HUDs in the outfit folder.  Open any folder that has one of your HUDs in it, and delete the link.  The HUD itself will still be in your inventory and you will be able to wear it (that is, it will show up in your Current Outfit folder), but it won't be affected if you wear a different outfit.  The extreme version of this is not to create any outfits at all.  Then you can wear anything you like, mix & match, and change HUDs and articles of clothing without having to worry about what else might change.  That's what I do.

There are TONS of options on how to wear clothes.

First off, the only reason to use Appearance mode is to Save a new outfit, or to change your shape.  You can do everything else from your Inventory, or directly on your avatar.

Second, when you make an Outfit, be sure you are wearing ALL the things you want to put on, including HUDS.  Make sure you are NOT wearing anything you don't want in that Outfit.  Then use Appearance/Edit My Outfit/Save As to save the whole mess as a new Outfit.

To put on one of these complete ensembles, just find it in the Outfits folder, right click, and choose Replace Outfit.

Now then, enough about Outfits.  I only use these occasionally, and most of the time choose my clothing piece by piece.

I have my inventory Clothing folder divided up into many sub folders...one for lingerie, one for shoes, one for dresses, one for tops, and so on.  Some of these subfolders have lots of subfolders of their own.  So I can go to Clothing/Dresses/Gowns to find something for a formal dance, or Clothing/Lingerie/Fetish Wear to find...ahem.

I also have a sub folder under my Animations folder (you can put it anywhere, but that is where I keep mine), called "Always Worn".  This contains my wedding rings, and my HUDs.  I can quickly find them and put them on.

To wear things, you can drag the item onto your avatar, or right click them and choose Wear, or Add (Wear replaces an existing clothing layer or attachment, Add leaves it and adds the new item).  You can also double click the item to Wear it.

Hope that helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.