My store is still f** up

Paula001 Goldschein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

dear sellers,

my store is still all f** up, bad word representing my mood.. i apologize!

i have tried to stay on top of the topics here but being offline after spilling like a gallon of coke over my newest lappy didn't help ;p

(feeling silly now for rolling my eyes at the teacher after freaking out catching me taking a zip in computer classes back then ..)

i was wondering, has the picture/store bug been fixed and how about the 'old' item listing appearing again?

man, fixing all pics myself is so much work, since i have had various computers since starting my store.

has anyone had success getting rid of the old listings that shouldn't even be there?

hey spica, thank you for your reply :) good to know i am not the only one with the bug still!

the old listing one, is .. after a few weeks of the above bug another was added:

old items that have been listed like 2 years ago and have been deleted again, magically appeared..

items that have no object conntection, a random picture from another merchant and with no actual listing (clicking the item leads you to the 'home' page of marketplace)

nothing could go wrong with those for customers but it still bugs me, like if you like to clean up your store, it is not possible since there is no object to delete :/

I just bit the bullet & chanced it to try to fix when I found today I could edit at least 5 of my corrupted listings.

Yay? :catindifferent:

Perhaps all are editable now? I didn't go too far with it because I don't know the cascade of damage it might cause to my own store (or other people's stores). I may have like 80 scrambled listings tomorrow... who knows?

Also have no idea if the fix will hold, if it will revert, or cause new problems.

This is a ridiculous situation that it is all running live with zero information on the state of affairs....

I also apologize in advance if my edits today caused anyone else's listings to scramble!

So sorry if I cause someone else more work... I will never know :catsad:

Of course we can not link who is causing damage to what in this live running data spill.

Gotta take this slow. I will now leave it sit to 'bake', allowing for the site to index everything repeatedly.

If the fix works, I will fix all my other listings soon, and let everyone know in these threads if I think it is safe to edit.

Wish me luck :matte-motes-stress:

WADE1 Jya wrote:

I just bit the bullet & chanced it to try to fix when I found today I could edit at least 5 of my corrupted listings.

Perhaps all are editable now?

After reading your other post this morning I went to my store to see if I could edit anything now.  Nope.  Same 3 listings with the name of my items but an image of something else.  They go to the MP Home Page when clicked upon and do not show up in my edit/listings so I can still do nothing with them.

The only "good" thing about these as opposed to the last group of borkage is that the correct listings, including correct image and ability to open it correctly, for the same items are *also* in my store, so these other 3 are copies, so to speak.

WADE1 Jya wrote:

This is a ridiculous situation that it is all running live with zero information on the state of affairs....

Agreed. :matte-motes-angry:  I've recently begun promoting my in-world store - nothing huge, just running a promo which I posted on several designer groups.  Thus far I've had 3 people visit the store and one purchase an item in the store.  Granted I posted my notices yesterday so it was on a weekend and it runs for the month of May so hopefully I will get a bit more traffic from it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.