Keyword search - Maximum search words (or characters for products)?

Spica Inventor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"keywords" content="Apocalyptic, Post Apocalypse, Sci-Fi, Fallout, Retro, Cyberpunk, MadMax, Role Play, Pirate,
Dark Fantasy, Rusty Vehicles, Junks, Unisex, Joke Items, Wasteland, Steampunk, Urban, Military,"/>

That's the keyword list for a bikini currently on the marketplace, it doesn't mater how few key words you limit an item to, if they are all spam, and LL thinks that the keywords above describe a bikini.

Speaking as someone who has plenty of personal experience exploiting the excessive openness of the keyword function, I'd rather see it become more limited than to be given continued reason to keep trying to out-do competitors on how shameless I can be.

>How much do you think it helps your sales. Do you have any idea on that? I felt too 'oogy' to even try testing such a tactic. ;-)

It helps enough to warrant the effort, assuming you have enough products and you're not buying listing enhancements.

But not much.

If others were not also being enabled to do it, I would just as soon not bother.

Spica Inventor wrote:

Oh god! That's horrible. But it might help alot with most items anyway. I'm hoping. ;-)

I'd be more willing to support a shorts key word list if search is working correctly, I use to have much shorter list but found that certain word combinations wouldn't show in search unless I combined them in my key word list for example:

steampunk, Victorian, house, steampunk house, Victorian house, steampunk Victorian house,

This was reported fixed a while back but I tested it a few months ago and it was broke again so I've kept the extra key words just in case.  It may be fixed again but I haven't checked.

I think the shorter list is a good idea for a quick fix that would reduce some spamming, but I really think the whole keyword system need to be fixed form the listing guide lines, search engine, to the flagging process.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.