UV-Map corrupted

Amphei Jierdon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In Blender 2.6.2,  I've managed to make a mesh like I want it. I unwrapped it to a nice UV-map and baked ambient occlosion and even specular reflections... everything like I wanted it :)

I even managed to upload to Aditi... but, when I uploaded the baked texture, something seems to be corrupted. Somehow the texture repeats in a way, how it shouldn't. I deleted the UV-map a several times and created it new in different ways of unwrapping - allways with the same result of a distorted baked texture inworld. 

The mesh looks fine and has no inside out normals or loose vertices. The mesh was created by extruding a 8-point circle. 

Anybody has any idea, what I'm doing wrong?

With your mesh inworld, apply the problem baked textures, and THEN via the inworld build menu (in the texture section), try rotating the texture by 90-degrees, 180-degrees, 270-degrees etc.

It MIGHT be that your UV maps are rotated differently to how SL interprets them by default. (I've had this issue myself with some of my mesh UVs - my modeling program Hexagon does some obscure things with the UV maps sometimes). By doing a quick rotation of the texture inworld by 90-degrees via the build menu, I am often able to fix this issue.

Be worth a try, for sure :matte-motes-smile:

I'm still new at this myself, I'll share one of my mistakes, for what its worth.  Also using Blender 2.62.

It took me a while to realize that I had to unwrap the UV map, tweak and revise the UV map to suite, then export the mesh, with its UV map, to the collada file, then upload to SL.  *And dont mess with the UV map after that!*   My first couple of tries, I made the mesh, uploaded it to SL, and then set to work making my UV map.  Of couse, since my collada flle had already been made, there was no way for it to contail the UV map I made afterwards.

Thanks for your tips, but sorry, none of them worked. 

After hours of experimenting, I've found a solution:

I exportet the object without UV-map as a waveform.obj file and reimported it. Now, after recreating the UV-map and baking the texture, everything inworld looks like it should. :)

I do have no idea, what was wrong and still am curious to know...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.