my wall is to fat: thin a box outer edge?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a box so I could have a one prim wall for my place...but the bigger I made the box the thicker the edges were. its hollowed to 95.0 but there doesnt seem to be a way to control thickness. is that just how it is? how come I can waste prims and make a box out of 4 prims at 0.010 thick but not a 4 wall box out of one prim?

also, is there anyway to use a box, hollow it, but keep the bottom? I dont want to just make the top and bottom transparent...though that is one option.

Hi, yes, for now, that is just how it is, prim hollow is limited like that.

There is a patch on the viewer side (STORM-58) that would allow bigger hollows, but it cannot work right without server side support. It seems that many other server projects are higher on the list of things LL wants to improve or fix, so bigger hollows have taken a back seat.

Maybe you can hide the problem some with the hollow going horizontal instead of vertical, so that the "caps" are walls instead of floor/ceiling. Then you can have the door openings in thinner "front" and "back" prims.

Tenly wrote:

[...]

also, is there anyway to use a box, hollow it, but keep the bottom? I dont want to just make the top and bottom transparent...though that is one option.

No, there isn't.  All hollowing and cutting is centered on the Z axis.  There's no way to affect only one end of the Z axis and not the other.  You'll need to use an extra prim to make a top and bottom.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.