i deleted something to my bin and want it back

Stormy Deed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Empting your trash folder in SL is just like emptying your trash folder in a Windows operating system.  Those items can be recovered but you need special software or features in the program to do so.  In Windows, you can recover deleted items unless those items are overwritten after you deleted them.  The items you deleted, however, are not stored on your computer so you cannot do anything to recover them......they're gone for good.  Linden Lab could recover the items (just like you could if you have a program or feature to do so).  But, the same problem exists about "until that data is overwritten".  The amount of data being sent to the LL servers is tremendous so that overwrting is going to happen considerably faster than your computer (instead of a day or two, or even a week to two, the time for the the data to be destroyed by other data be written over it is much much shorter......it could be minutes or seconds).  Though that is not the primary reason LL generally won't even try to recover items you've emptied from your trash folder, it is a big reason.  Time, effort, along with a pretty good chance it won't be possible LL's policy is not to "undelete" the items.  You can certainly try though by submitting a support ticket....but I serously doubt LL will help

A lesson learned.  Sometimes those lessons are hard but learn from it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.