Big prims rezzing problems?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes i have problems seeing big prims properly. Is that a common problem? They just stay invisible for a little longer...

Seems like smaller prims (like 16x16) still rez faster than the bigger ones?

So when i build a large floor or wall, should i rather use smaller prims then? I know i'm addicted to the 48 and 64 size prims, but if they dont rez right then i'd rather use smaller ones...

Hi,

Interesting, for me it's the other way around. First i see the big prims and then the smaller onces just a bit later. This is in all viewers i have tried: original SL, Firestorm, Phoenix, 1.23.5.

Perhaps it depends on your computer. 3D objects calculations are done by the computer's main processor if i'm correct and the graphics processor eventually shows them on screen as well as the textures.

My computer: CoreDuo, Nvidia 9800 MGT, Vista Home 32 bits.

oh ok. Well i have a NVidia GeForce 405 (512 MB) , Intel Core i7, and Windows 7 Home. My graphics in Firestorm are set to Ultra.

Or could it be that i need a better graphics card? I am not a computer expert so i dont know if it has something to do with the graphics card?

I am just curious if others have the same problem with big prims. They seem to stay invisible longer, and the smaller prims rez faster for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.