Not sure what this script is called- but I need it!

Kitten Nymphea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

First off thank you for taking the time to read this, I know you have other things to do!

Now to my query.. I have started making sculpted items (smaller items like shoes and jewelry) and some of them are passable enough to see the light of day.

I want to sell them full perm and the person that buys them will-

1) put a prim they create in a pre designated item

2) they will touch said item and it will rezz- create the full perm object as I have made it

with them as creator.

I have seen this done on most full perm items however I do not know what the script is that they use

or where to find one?

( I have looked on market however not knowing exactly what it's called made that endeavor difficult at best)

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kitten~

You'd need to write a custom script for your particular item. Basically what it would have to do is

1. identify the new object nearby

2. Get your permission to link the new object as the root prim of the linkset. (This will have the side effect of making the owner appear as the creator of the whole linkset.)

3. Move it to the correct position and rotation relative to other prims in the linkset.

4. Resize the new prim as necessary.

It's not a trivial bit of scripting, because it will involve a fair amount of fiddling to do the repositioning and resizing steps correctly. There are some simplifying shortcuts, depending on how well you have thought out the design of the linkset, but it's still probably not an easy job for a new scripter.

ETA: I am assuming that the prim that the user adds is a gemstone or cabuchon -- something that adds to your design.  If that's not the case, and you just want to add a transparent prim and make it the root of the linkset, then your script just has to do steps 1 and 2.  That's a relatively trivial job.

hi,

thanks for the reply.. that isn't however exactly what I meant.

I want a script that they can re-assemble the product they buy full perm from me, not add an item to it.(as in the buy a shoe and there is a full perm sample and sculpt maps, and the script re-assembles the shoe with them as creator and in the correct position without them having to do it manually?

Hopefully that describes what I am asking better.

my scripting knowledge is limited so that is why I thought someone here might have a better grasp of what I was asking

and point me in the right direction?

Thanks for the time to read!

Kitten~

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4401 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.