Nam's Optimal Skin etc

Tourmaline Falken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've recently done a clean install of V3 and needed to add in Windlight settings to get the usual environment settings that I like.  I used Torley's Windlight settings download but found that a few of my favourite settings aren't there (because they are not Torley's! lol).  Specifically, I like the Optimal Skin settings - Nam's is my favourite.

Does anybody know where I can download these extras or do I need to install Phoenix or Firestorm just so I can "harvest" the windlight settings from it?  I am loathe to do this because the reason I did a clean install of V3 was because of inworld issues which may have been conflicts from other viewers installed :(

3 answers to this question

If the windlight settings are part of the other viewers, perhaps they are also availble for download from the viewers website? Or perhaps someon you know who use theses viewers can copy the content of a windlight setting file - which are simple textfiles - to a notecard and send you, which you could then put in to a textfile, save with the appropriate name in the appropriate place?

- Luc -

• Like 1

There's links for a load of extra windlight settings available for download at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/WindLight_settings but I don't know if Nam's is among them.   The eponymous Nam is Namssor Daguerre, so I guess you could try contacting him to ask for a copy, but I don't know if he's active in world any more.   You used to be able to get the preset from his website but that no longer exists.

I would just download Firestorm or Niran's -- that has lots of presets too, and I'm sure Nam's is among them -- and simply copy the relevant folders from, and to, in Windows 7, C:\Program Files (x86)\<Viewer Name>\app_settings.   

You could always uninstall the TPV immediately after doing this, but I really don't think there's any need; I run several viewers for testing purposes, and so long as I have separate caches on my disk, I don't have problems.    

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.