Do multiple accounts interfere with each other.

tony474849

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have an account that I am using in a role playing situation and  want to remain in that area when I log off. If I create another account to explore other areas,  will that second account interfere with the first?. That is, if I log off (not transport) from my first account and transport around with my second account, when I log back in with my first account, am I still in the same place and in the same situation with that first account?

2 answers to this question

It won't interfer, though if you'd like to keep them even more seperate you could use a different viewer for each.

I have an alt I send my creations to to make sure everything is as it should be, I myself use Firestorm, for my alt I use the Singularity viewer.

Multiple accounts generally behave like completely separate entities, so as long as you remember to check it says login to "last location" on the log in screen, whichever avatar you use will log back in to their last log out location.

The only time I have known my avatars to have something that overlaps is the teleport history using Phoenix. I find that my teleport history shows where all my avatars have been.  Not a problem for me, as I am the only person who accesses Second Life via this computer, but might be a problem to those who share with other household members and may not wish everyone to know where they've been.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.