i'm a cloud, really?

Chassie Rowley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This question involves the opposite of being a cloud, or an egg for that matter.

After logging in and my avatar rezzed correctly (to me), I was informed that I was a cloud. For the most part I wasn't too concerned since it appeared correctly on my screen, however it did get me to think about it. I did open the avatar health tab and the only thing that seemed wrong was the network was slow.

Is there a way to determine if my avatar is being looked at as a cloud or egg even though it appears fine to me, other than somebody telling me?

3 answers to this question

Nope.   A bake fail could develop at any step between your computer and SL's servers.   Getting your avatar to look right takes a lot of back and forth  communication.  When it fails, your computer might be able to show you a perfectly good image, but SL's servers don't have it yet --- or vice versa.  That's why it's usually kind to tell a friend that he's not rezzing properly.  He might not know.  ........... Sort of like telling a friend in RL that it looks like he forgot to shave.   Maybe he did.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.