Asian Shape?

Ikiro Tryce

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I'm trying to get my shape to look more Japanese. In particular, this famous singer named Gackt:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21600000/Gackt-Kawaii-gackt-21615686-1024-768.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Gackt_in_2008%282%29%28cropped%29.jpg

I was just wondering, if anyone had any advice? I'm not so great at editing shapes. xD

Also, if anyone had some links to premade shapes on SL that are more like that? And also some pale, soft Asian skins? (Male, obviously) Thanks.

Gackt looks really good in the second picture! I like the more lean, slender shapes myself when I try on a new look for the male alt.

I tried to work with a female base for the shape, and it really was not what I liked either. 

Iriko, I have not tried them myself, but I think this looks promising, both skin and shape. And since it's a demo, you can give it a try? https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DEMO-Lee-IceMoon-Lee-2-skin-2-shape-Male-pack/3030687 

When did Dr. Life start to sell male skins and shapes?

The Body Co has very well made skins. Fruk too. And Pekka has nice lean shapes. They are not so very asian, but a bit work on the eye area can do the trick. Try to take a look at this guys blog, he posts lots of new looks and Pekka shapes.

http://uncomplicatedguy.wordpress.com/ 

Thank you for the information! And yeah, Gackt looks so great for his age, it's amazing! :D

I tried out the skin from Mother Goose and I'm starting to think that it's my skin that's the problem and not my shape. So now I'm wondering, are there any asian skins? I may go with Mother Goose, but I wouldn't mind shopping around beforehand.

I just put this on a similar thread but in case you don't see it.

I have two adult female Asian shapes (right and left) and a female child shape that can be styled as Asian or other ways too. Here is a photo and their names. Just find them in my shop and pay 0. They are free for PERSONAL use which means you can wear them, just don't redistribute them, even with tiny changes - I ask people to make their own shapes (from the 'new shape' not from mine) if they want to sell their own shapes.

As you found out making (decent) shapes isn't as easy as many claim it is.

If you like these, just hitch a ride on the link in my profile picks. Anyone can use them for personal use free of charge. Asian Female Shapes at FSBC sm.png

Oh I see you said male - sorry.

I can make you a male Asian shape if you want or you might try this shape:

Jak shape image w-name sm.png

His name is Jak. I try to have almost as many male shapes as female shapes but with limited space he is as close to an Asian male shape as I currently have...I'm willing to try to make one but I hesitate on custom jobs because usually what is in someone's head does not match what I can make with the basic mesh. Know what I mean?

Ikiro Tryce wrote:

I've used some female shapes, but they just weren't to my liking. Like the femboy shapes, I mean. Because you can still see the breasts, you know? It doesn't look like a guy, just a really flat chested girl.

And by the way I always use the male mesh for my male shapes. It is more difficult but I think it is important. When you Ruth you don't turn into a short female, for one thing!

For soft pale skins try Heaven's Gate Neo. They have some free skins which also come with shapes. I don't think their shapes have the square face shape the guy in your pic has, though. You might try Jak shape with their skin or something. Stranger things have happened. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.