Graphic Card Issue

Sodawater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sry for the doublepostbut:

I just got nvidia GeForce GTS 450 and every time i try to run second life i receive an error message starting with:

"Second Life is unable to run because your video card drivers did not install properly, are out of date, or are for unsupported hardware."

I've updated the driver but the problem still remains.

Any tips how to fix the problem?

For some reason the viewer is failing to recognize your video card. Some time ago this was a common problem. You can read the information about fixing it here: nVidia Problems. The fix for the problem should still work.

NVIDIA chips are used by several companies to make their proprietary video cards. So, when you say you up dated the video card, did you use the makers driver or nVidia's driver for a generic GTS450? You might try the other driver and see if that helps.

Why would you want to install the driver from the CD and then immediately replace it with the newest driver from nVidia?  Just go the the nVidia driver download site, find the current driver for you card and operatiing system, download it to your computer (the desktop is convenient and makes it easy to find), then uninstall the driver you are using now.  When you reboot to finish the uninstallation don't let Windows search for or install and driver.......just close the pop-up.  Go the downloaded driver setup you got from nVidia and install it.  This time when you restart to complete the installation you'll be on the new driver. 

Try SL again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.