SL voice stopped working on my firestorm did I get hacked?

KnightwolfX9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok I been using firestorm for a long time now and I got it updated and everything and its been working fine until yesterday when i logged on my sl voice wasn't worjking I had enabled and everything and I have it allowed on my firewall but it won't conect, then I cleared my cache and reloged when I got back on sl voice was working but my avi never resed I gave it about 10 min and I still never rezzed so I relogged and when I got back on my avi rezzed but the sl voice went out and didn't come back on so I cleared my cache a second time and got the same results any idea on what that means if someone put a crash card on me or has something to do with my cache?

2 answers to this question

Viewers play a minor part in voice functionality. The bulk of voice support is given by the external application called SLVoice, which is made by the SL voice provider, Vivox. Voice failures are almost always due to one of the following reasons:

• Your ISP is throttling or blocking the voice service;
  • failure of the Vivox service;
  • voice issues on the region you are on;
  • voice being throttled by bandwidth set incorrectly - please check it by following the instructions here;
  • voice hardware (mic, headset) not configured correctly in your operating system settings;
  • voice hardware not configured correctly in the viewer;
  • another application has your voice hardware in use (example, Skype);
  • your anti virus software has “mangled” the voice application; see here.

You can test voice by going to Voice Echo Canyon. If voice is working correctly for you, anything you say there will be echoed back to you.

There are good suggestions about how to solve common voice problems here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_voice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4405 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.