changing clothes/look etc - Mesh vs other

Scamp Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't even know what other is but I know there is an incompatibility between types of rendering. I have a new (paid for) mesh avatar (complete) which is great but I seem to be limited to clothes I can wear. As its impossible to look at the label of clothes in sl, how do i know if the item will look the same when i wear it? without it looking like i'm wearing rags with holes in and invisible parts etc.?

Is there an easy way to choose clothes? eg by avoiding anything that says 'trim' or without an accompanying 'alpha' version.

limited and confused,

X Sarah.

You will need to find clothes compatible with your brand of mesh avatar. I would expect you would have got a notecard with it that would provide that kind of information or provide a link to a web page.

If not head back to the shop where you bought it and look around there for information. If you don't know where it came from right click on your avi and select edit and go to the general tab. Click on the creator name to open their profile and see if there is any information there, may be in the picks section.

One of the drawbacks of a mesh avi is that your clothing selection will be limited.  Depending on the brand, mesh clothes may fit it but you will have to use the HUD that came with your avi instead of the alpha layers the come with the mesh, to hide any parts of the body that stick through the clothes.  You may need to buy mesh that has appliers too if your avi has the huge boobs so popular now.

Aside from mesh you can buy clothes that are the same as system layer clothes, ie painted on the body.  But you have to buy the kind that include appliers for your mesh body.  These are usually labeled with the applier systems they come with.  Appliers compatible with your mesh avatar should be on the list.  What is compatible?  You will have to read the instructions that came with the avatar or contact the creator to find out.

Who makes the avi you're wearing? If anything but Slink, it should be Omega compatible. Do get the Omega hud for your mesh and your options for clothing will expand as you can then wear clothing designed with appliers. Whatever the numbers are for your default avi per standard sizing, you may find you have to go up a size when wearing mesh clothes as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.