Noob having trouble

Arieblue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am very new to SL and i'm having a problem with a skin I purchased. LOGO Infinity Chloe Hybrid Mesh Avatar. 

It worked when I first purchashed it but now when I put on the head alpha the face disappears. I moved the folders to another folder I made in the inventory. Think this could be the cause? I love the skin so much that I'm willing to delete it all and buy again if you all think that will help. It also won't let me "wear" some of the stuff in there. I'm sure it's probably something I did to cause it but for the life of me I can't figure out what. 

Would much appreciate your take on this situation. I hope i'm in the right forum also lol

Welcome to Second Life, Arieblue!

There are some things you simply can't wear, like notecards, landmarks, etc. Those are often contained in product folders along with the things you can wear, like clothing layer items and attachments.

I've no experience with mesh avatars, but if your face vanishes when you wear the head alpha layer, I suspect that you've... forgot your head! The alpha layer is there to erase portions of the standard second life avatar skull so that it doesn't poke through your new mesh skull. Absent the mesh skull and its face, you're going to look like the Headless Horseman's twin sister.

Look carefully in your folders for the head. You can search by name, so look at the names of other parts of that avatar set to figure out what text to search for.

Good luck!

I just got back on and some of the stuff I had tried to put on showed up, it seems when I put the stuff on that is don't show there at the time as wearing it, but then later it does but not always ... sorry for the hassle :(

Arieblue wrote:

I just got back on and some of the stuff I had tried to put on showed up, it seems when I put the stuff on that is don't show there at the time as wearing it, but then later it does but not always ... sorry for the hassle
:(

You can easily locate stuff you are wearing by using the "Worn" tab of the inventory window, or by searching for "(Worn" (no right paren).

Arieblue wrote:

I just got back on and some of the stuff I had tried to put on showed up, it seems when I put the stuff on that is don't show there at the time as wearing it, but then later it does but not always ... sorry for the hassle
:(

That happens...

Often in some places or at some times.

If stuff you KNOW you put on isn't showing up - try right clicking where it should be as if you were editing it - often that gets your system to suddenly realize "oh, yeah, there's something there I was supposed to render."

- But sometimes stuff will show up just fine for you, while it fails to show up for anyone around you. Not all the naked people in SL realize they are naked... :)

Sometimes you just have to shrug and tell yourself... "whatever..."

But of course if you yourself can't see it, that ruins the run of even wearing it. The right-click trick ALWAYS works to get yourself to see something - so when it doesn't work, the item isn't actually being worn and you need to go track down what happened to it.

Another trick is to teleport to the exact same spot you are standing on - which is not possible to do in SL and will give an error message stopping you from doing it... UNLESS you are standing on the spot you have set to Home.

(So you can spam your 'Home' button until your avatar loads on your screen... but then when you go teleport out to a place you wanted to visit, everything might vanish again. Or might not. Who can say... LLs certainly hasn't figured it out.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.