How can i make my avatar sit or stand still?

Chabelita14

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I personally don't understand what you are talking about becuse if you take off your AO your movements suppose to be still. Try stopping all animations after you take off your AO and if you still are moving...contact me inworld so I may see what you are talking about.

Sandria Mosely

There are a number of avatar movements built into the viewer that run if you aren't wearing an AO. These include some standing poses, tracking of the mouse position by the head, and 'body noise' (breathing and shifting of joints) intended to make the av more lifelike.

The best way to override these is with an animation of a higher priority, which is exactly what AOs do. If you want a perfectly still avatar, you need to run an animation with no movement. This could either be in an AO, some other object you are wearing, something you are sitting on or just by running it from inventory. These are often called poses, but they are still an animation... they just have one frame instead of several. 

That's strange if your arms and hands are shaking while holding a fishing rod. Many fishing rods have an animation which control your arm's movement, there should be no shaking. Are you sure that besides the AO there isn't something else besides the fishing rod which have an animation in it?

Try this: first detach everything what you wear (you can leave the system clothes on, just detach all attachments :smileyhappy:). Then wear the fishing rod and observe do the arms and hands still shake.

turn off Move to point

in Preferences \ Move & View set to No Action when left click/dbl-click with mouse

and use the arrow keys (WASD) to move instead of mouse

+

basically the viewer goes wonky sometimes when a scripted chair is set to Sit on left-click and Move to point is also set to left-click

eta: Right-click and Sit from mouse menu is usual ok if still want Move to point

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.