Honored Resident
Victory Parx

I need to find an avatar alt detector... I have an avi that has produced at least 3 alts so that I am constantly watched by him.  How can I tell who is who?  They have invited me to meet all of them in rl and I need to know that this is fake so I can confront them and notify others in my group.

Griffin Ceawlin

Re: Avatar Alt Detector

Reply to Victory Parx - view message

Even if there was such a thing as a foolproof alt detector (there isn't), it would be against the Community Standards to share that info with anybody else.

:smileymad: I'm only a part-time b*tch :smileywink:
My time inworld is limited, and precious. IMs detailing your bruised ego are unwelcome.
Go to my Forum profile and try a PM instead. I may even respond.
~ My Silly Little Blog ~
Honored Resident
Victory Parx

Reply to Griffin Ceawlin - view message

Well the reason I asked is because this person is stalking ppl on SL and has already caused when to purchase many other alts to escape him and he is somehow able to find her everytime.  This seems to be against somekind of privacy issue as well!

Griffin Ceawlin

The person or persons that are being "stalked" should file abuse reports as necessary. Let LL handle it.

My time inworld is limited, and precious. IMs detailing your bruised ego are unwelcome.
~ My Silly Little Blog ~
Luc Starsider

As Griffin says, it is against the TOS to disclose alts, and alt detectors don't work.

The thing to do is AR, Mute and move on. In that order.

- Luc -

Need a laugh? Watch this.
Melita Magic

Don't meet anyone from SL in RL: Problem solved, and for free.

"The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one."
"The best way to simplify life is to set your priorities straight."
- Nishan Panwar
Honored Resident
Victory Parx

Reply to Griffin Ceawlin - view message

how do I do that.....I can't find the complaint department?

Honored Resident
Victory Parx

Reply to Luc Starsider - view message

Luc that would be fine if they didn't somehow find a way to turn every avi around u themself and follow you from place to place!!!!

Honored Resident
Victory Parx

Reply to Melita Magic - view message

Not true Malita.....I didn't meet them and they created 4 ats around me playing as my friends.   It's one guy playing 4 different ppl.  and I never met them in person, just spent alot of time with them in SL.   You gonna tell me to not get close to ppl here now!  I got to know him so well I seen things that link him to all of them but no real proof.  Only Lindens would know.  Now I want to get away from him and can't coz he knows where to find me even in other alts of my own that he didn't know anything about that I knew of!  So explain that one!?

Griffin Ceawlin

Victory Parx wrote:

how do I do that.....I can't find the complaint department?

If you think that you need to file abuse reports regarding this person, click Help > Report Abuse, and fill out the form with relevant info, screen shots, etc.

That said, you should only be filing abuse reports if there is a clear violation of the Terms of Service (ToS) or the Community Standards (CS).

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

~ My Silly Little Blog ~