Girds not listed!

CreativeNaomi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Now I have an additional problem. The viewer is now not listing the grids and my login names that I log into. SL is not listed and my other virtual world is not listed anymore. What is going on? :matte-motes-shocked:

March 4th: Ok I cant see to find the reply button so that i can actually keep the threads going so I have to keep editing this with update replies.

Madelaine McMasters:  I did the steps but I am not seeing Firestorm in order to get to the user_settings. 

4 answers to this question

I'm a little confused.  How are you trying to log in?  You should not see any other virtual worlds on your SL login screen.  IMVU, WoW, .... all of them have their own login.  If you can't log in to them on their own viewers either, you have a problem that is bigger than Second Life. 

If you don't really mean "virtual worlds" but are talking about OS grids that should be available along with the Agni and Aditi grids in Second Life, you probably have a damaged viewer.  You should plan on doing a CLEAN reinstall of it, not just reinstalling a new copy on top of what's there now.  You need to remove all current files, including the hidden ones (but possibly not your saved chat and IM files).  Here's how >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

• Like 1

Hi Naomi,

I'm going to guess you are using Firestorm, and that you are no longer seeing the list of alt usernames/password entries that populates the log-in dropdown. Those username/password pairs are stored in an encrypted file named bin_conf.dat, which is deleted by a clean install. You'll have to re-enter the username, password and destination grid for all of your alts.

I don't think Firestorm's "backup" facility saves this information, so if you don't want to lose it again during the next clean install, find the bin_conf.dat file and make a backup. On a Windows machine, you'll probably find it in this folder...

C:\Users[uSERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm\user_settings

On a Mac, you'll find it here...

Library->Application Support->Firestorm->user_settings

ETA: Rolig just informed me that Firestorm does indeed save username/password/grid settings during a "Backup", so make sure you do that before a clean install!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.