apply physics

trondheimtour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I modelled a building with two doors only . Also I applied a physics , make the whole object as rigidbody. It is just anothe simple cube model which has same dimension as building. Then I uploaded my model in secondlife . I got a problem here . The avatar is not possible to walk inside the building .I applied the option Features  to Prim . But again the avatar is not possible to enter the building. 

What might be the problem here . 

10 answers to this question

Open your Develop menu (CTRL + Alt + Q) and look at Render Metadata >>> Physics Shapes .  That will let you see what the collision surfaces for your model look like.  My guess is that you will find that the shape does not match your visual model.  It is either stretched or rotated.  You can often avoid that problem before you export the DAE file by being sure that you have applied the physics model properly in your 3D program.  In Blender, use Object mode and then select Apply (CTRL + A) >>> Rotation & Scale.

I hope that you are doing your experiments on the beta grid (Aditi), where it does not cost you anything to upload a model.  Otherwise, repeated uploads can start to become expensive.

EDIT:  Or, as my erudite colleague suggests, you forgot to put doors in your physics model.  :smileyvery-happy:

• Like 1

I build a duplicate model for the physics model with dimensions same as that of the original model .

I upload the model to secondlife . Then I checked for Render Physics shape . That is showing a closed model . The faces I created for my model of the building is all deformed to another triangular shaped faces , and the opening is closed automatically. :(

How it happened ? :(

You are likely to get a more satisfying answer if you ask this question in the Mesh forum, but it sounds to me as if you modified your uploaded physics model by clicking the Analyze button in the uploader. That button converts all of your quads into triangles, sometimes with negative side effects. I suggest NOT clicking the Analyze button. If you actually made door openings in your physics model, however, I do not understand why they do not appear when you render physics shapes. When you post your question in the Mesh forum, please include photos of the physics model in Blender and of your rendered physics shape in SL. That may help other people understand better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.