Second-life log in error URGENT.

SamanthaPrater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

•  *P.s I have CLEANED INSTALLED EACHTIME.
  •    I have done, everything- to fix this; My laptop is an expensive high graphic laptop ; that I made sure would run SL perfectly.
  • I made sure my applications & stuff were disabled & allowed thru both my windows firewall and my modem. 

I do not under-stand, why I still can-not connect when I was connected just fine three days ago. I have tried several viewers , and all are doing the same error. Why can I not connect; I am currently using a paid for version of norton anti-virus; and even that allows it in.

I spent FOUR some days , and a weeks worth of hours with best buy to make sure this thing can run SL. Please do not let this be in vain, and help me solve this issue.

Capture.PNG

Main errors.PNG

error four.PNG

3 answers to this question

The Ctrl Alt Studio viewer is an alpha version viewer in early development, intended to test the capabilities of the Oculus Rift 3D virtual world glasses (also in development) with Second Life.

I suggest you try one of the more stable viewers, either the stock Second Life viewer or one of the popular third party viewers like Firestorm or Singularity.

EDITED TO ADD:

I see that you have tried several viewers.  Unfortunately, the guys at Best Buy are not always the best source of information.  The computer you bought uses "integrated graphics," not a dedicated graphics chip, and that might not be sufficient to run Second Life.  I would take the computer back and exchange it for something that is running an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card.

You could also try running SL as an administrator.  That sometimes helps with a Windows 8 installation.

• Like 3

I don't think it's a problem with your computer.   The specification looks good to me, though I think 4 gig of ram is the minimium you need to run SL comfortably, and you'll probably find yourself wanting to increase that sooner ro later.

As far as I know, what you are seeing is a pretty generic time-out message rather than an indication that anything in particular is wrong.    It could indicate problems with the particular region you're trying to log into.  

I was getting it a lot last night, for what it's worth, but only on one particular account.   My main was having no difficulty logging in direct to the sim where I was running my tests,  but my alt account, which I needed to use for testing purposes, had to log in somewhere else and tp to the test area.

Try rebooting your modem, too.   That fixes a lot of problems.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.