NEED HELP(badly) How to offer rentals???

Computerhexe Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hallo 

iI am a bit helpless. I have rent a island where I built someHauses which I want to rent out.I made a shop and offert my houases there. Unfortunately my notifications are always deleted because they are supposed to removed under the Marketplace listing guidelines. I would like to change my notifications to the right way if I would know what's wrong!!!!

I do not write anything bad and the price of 250L /week is also not too much. I do not find anything what is supposed to be against the rules.

My houses are nice but noone is going to rent it because noone knows about it.

Pleas help me to figure out what's the problem is..

Computerhexe Merlin

2 answers to this question

It's impossible to say what's wrong with your Marketplace listing, since you didn't show us the listing and you didn't tell us exactly what guideline it violated.  All we can do is guess.

Frankly, though, the best way to list your rentals is to put a listing in the appropriate Land forum here, or to pay for a classified ad.  You can also click the "Show in Search" box in World >>> About Land >>> Options and pay L$30/week to have your parcel visible when people search in world.  If you choose that option, I suggest temporarily renaming your parcel something like "SEASIDE RENTAL - 200 PRIMS - L$300/WEEK"

What you are asking is "how do I advertise?"

If your land is on the Mainland, there is a Marketplace category for your ad, under Real Estate/Mainland/Rentals.  However, under Real Estate/Private Estates, there is only a category for parcel sales.  This is possibly because there are not all that many people offering rental property on private estate land...the competition from the private estate owners themselves is too fierce.

An estate owner can always offer a parcel for less than someone who is trying to sublet it, you see.  Most potential renters realize that they can get a better deal if they deal directly with the estate owner.

But there are other places besides the Marketplace where you can advertise.  You can pay a small fee to have the land show in Search.  You can pay another small fee to take out a Classified ad which will also show in Search.  Classifieds are ranked according to how much people pay for their ads.  You probably don't want to pay thousands of $L just to get a high ranking though.  Just make sure you word your ad to appeal to the people you seek to rent to.

You can make a post in the Land forums, too.  Update your post every week or so to ensure that you have a post near the top of the Forum threads.

Be sure that your land business, and its location, is prominently featured in your Profile.  Tell everyone you meet about it.  If you belong to any groups that allow you to do so, post a group notice and/or IM about your rentals.  (Be SURE the group allows this.  Most groups hate spammers and will kick them out of the group at once.)

Hold an event on your land.  Offer contests, prizes, live music...whatever might attract people to come see your place.  (I'm assuming that the place itself looks inviting.  Don't throw a party on an empty sim divided into a flat waffle grid of vacant parcels.)

Start a blog.  Put a link to your rentals in your Forum signature (see, for example, my signature at the bottom of this post.)  In short, do everything you can think of to Get the Word Out.

You should also consider how to differentiate your rentals from the thousands of others out there.  You can rent a flat, square parcel anywhere in SL.  But what about creating a themed area?  It's not so easy to find a rental on a starship, or in an Old West town, or a mysterious place under the sea.  Creating a themed roleplay sim is no easy task, but it can help your land appeal to a niche market.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.