How can I get my linden back from a store own? ..Have not gotten IM back, or product or my linden.

Reese Memel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

December 10, 2014  Bought a Teleport  from Thomas Conover, GCD GADGETS and paid L$695, The product was never delivered. Sent the owner a IM to mebut bought a something from a store and did not get the product. Sent them a IM. they have not contact, along with Second Life Transaction History information. Todate, I have not received a IM back from owner, or the product or my linden.. What can I doto get my linden back?.......

2 answers to this question

Conover has been a good, reputable creator and merchant for a long time.  I suspect you are seeing effects of the busy holiday season.  I usually resist repeating myself from one thread to another, but here's my response to a similar question here a week ago....

Delivery is not a merchant's responsibility.  Merchants pay Linden Lab a 5% commission on all sales, and Linden Lab is responsible for handling the L$ and delivering the product.  A merchant may decide to redeliver a product if it is clear that the original was not delivered properly, but is not required to.  In fact, many merchants are reluctant to redeliver a product if it has no-copy perms, because it's common for customers to scam dealers by claiming bad delivery -- just so they can get a second free copy.

Having said that, many merchants will be glad to redeliver, because it helps create good will.  Remember, though, that merchants have busy real lives, as you do.  They have families and RL jobs, with all the emergencies and crises that keep you and me from paying full attention to SL.  Be patient.  You may submit a support case to ask Linden Lab to redeliver your product if the merchant has not responded in a reasonable amount of time.

• Like 2

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Reese.

Rolig has just about covered it in her post; this is a busy time for people as real life can add extra pull, so a little patience and a slightly longer wait than is normal and you should find Thomas will get back to you as soon as he is able and sort out redelivery of your order.

I've been a happy customer of his for all of my time in Second Life, and he is a more than fair merchant.  You should hear from him soon, death or disaster permitting.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.