Cocoa Project Viewer Issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm on 10.8 - I just tried it and can't get past the spinning beachball.  The earlier one I have still opens (build 270198) but unfortunately I can't seem to get all three texture fields on my avatar (head, upper, lower) to completely render at the same time, so I end up having to resort to Firestorm:(  

ETA: Well, turning HTTP Textures off then back on seemed to fix that rebaking issue, so back to using the earlier build.

I found a fix on another forum (a post from "Eris" on a forum that covers Second Life and the whole Universe).  Apparently the arguments.txt file is bad - replacing it with one from an earlier build did the trick for me.  

Right click, "Show Package Contents", open Resources folder and replace the argument.txt file.

I found the old build for download:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/w/index.php?title=Release_Notes/Second_Life_Developer/3.4.6

Works buggily on my iMac, but not at all on my old macbook.

You can't resize the window and sometimes your mouse arrow disappears, and some other problems occur randomly.

(The mouse arrow problem can be fixed with rolling around your mouse outside of the viewer, it will then appear again, and work in the viewer.)

Anyhow, I do get amazing fps and won't use any other viewer anytime soon.

I can not be held responsible for what's on the link, it's LL stuff (as you can see from the address).

Download at your own risk.

I tried replacing the arguments.txt from the old build with the one in the new build, 

but didn't get any improvements, it got even worse.

Does anybody else get the following issues after replacing the arguments.txt?

- can't click buttons (switch to different IM windows, view incoming messages)

- can't resize the window (like in the old build)

- maybe some more I didn't try out cause the buttons issue already drove me off

• 3 weeks later...

heyy everyone ive been trying to get this working and did the replace the arguments.txt idea but now i get "Project viewer - cocoa is damaged and can't be opened" error and then cant continue.

Maybe there is some kind of integrity check that is noticing that I changed one of the files in resources?

Has anyone else come across this problem as did u find a way to get past it?

Thanks!

hugs

I've tried running the Cocoa Project Viewer on my 15' Retina Macbook Pro for the first time this morning. It opened with a gray screen and then the spinning beach ball appeared (Application Not Responding) - I Had to force quit. I can't get it to work at all. Was looking forward to running SL in Full Screen mode. 

I have replaced the arguments.txt file with that of the latest beta viewer. Now Cocoa Project Viewer is working just fine. Seriously loving full screen mode. Can't wait for this to become a standard feature of the official released viewer and all TPV's, especially Firestorm. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wondering if anyone is still actively working on this project. The project viewer hasn't been updated since Feb, so I guess not. I'm getting really annoyed with the poor FPS and intermittent lock-ups on my Retina Macbook Pro. Linden Lab needs to fix their Mac viewer and fast. I can't "live" my Second Life like this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3960 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.