SL is uploading my mesh object unlinked, and before any mesh uploaded was linked

Dellon Omizu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, its my first post here in SL forum, and would like to share my problem, sorry if I miss some detail.

I made a castle in blender 2.73, It has many objects, and together it make the castle.

When I upload this castle to my local opensim server, it works well. Have only one big object, and is possible I edit the walls of castles by "edit link parts"

Inworldz same thing. When I upload it.. is only one big object.

But, in second life, when I upload, it has many mesh objects together, not linked.

I dont know if Im missing a option or something. In my other work with mesh I had no problem, (It was a formal suit with 3 mesh objects, and SL uploaded it as only one object).

SInce you're talking about a castle, it's very possible your object is simply too big to be one linked object in SL.

So, how big is it?

You might also want to merge some objects before uploading (maximum size is 64x64x64 meter). I think the term in Blender is "join". One object can have up to eight separate materials, so that can really bring down your amount of objects, resulting in a lower server weight and therefor possible lower land impact. Joining can however increase download weight.

Too many blanks to make a fair assessment. Good luck and don't be shy to post more information or questions.

Also be aware that the PHYSICS are very different in SL than in OS or IW. You will need  to make a separate physics model in order to be able to walk into and within your house.

SO WHILE you are grouping items to upload, think about the ease of making those physics models. There are LOTS of posts on that here on the mesh forum. Try searching for house physics or "can't walk through my door" or something like that to find some of them.

Good luck!  Also note that the land impact here will be different than in OS and IW but if you didn't link any of your castle pieces in OS than it is probably fairly high there too. Land Impact is a BIG thing in SL, no 45,000 prims sims here so keeping that down is important.

Enjoy the journey.

Thanks everyone for the answers.

Has a big chance the castle reached the link limit. The castle is not a heavy file.. but is possible the many objects are causing problem to SL, I could join some more parts for a clean look.

About the physics I did a minor test, and had been looking some topics in forum to upload it properly next time.

I have another question, its possible to test the castle in SL beta Grid? I logged in there, and said I dont had permission for upload mesh, but I have for normal grid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3372 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.