How to extract a UV map

Melysange

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys,

I am requesting your help because i can't manage to extract the UV and occlusion map textures from a mesh i made... I am using blender v2.71 with the avastar add-on and i made shoes that i would like to sell full permission and i would like to get the UV map of the mesh and the occlusion map texture but i have no clue on how to do it.. anybody can help me please?

Thank you in advance :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Hello Medhue and thank you very much for your video, it helps a lot and i feel less confused about uv maps now though i have a problem, i am not using the same version of blender as you and when i go into the UV editing mode, i don't have the same menu as you do and i can't find the proper features (sorry about that i still begin with blender by the way ^^)

Here is a screenshot of what i have after going into the UV EDITING mode: 

Capture.JPG

Thanks again for the appreciated help 

The UV Map of a model only shows up if:

1. The model has been set to EDIT Mode
  2. The model has been UV Unwrapped (in edit mode press "u")

You need to learn about the different UV Unwrapping types and about how to create UV seams.

btw: your follow up question will probably be: How do i add a texture to my model...

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/materials-and-textures/

Melysange wrote:

Hello Medhue and thank you very much for your video, it helps a lot and i feel less confused about uv maps now though i have a problem, i am not using the same version of blender as you and when i go into the UV editing mode, i don't have the same menu as you do and i can't find the proper features (sorry about that i still begin with blender by the way ^^)

Here is a screenshot of what i have after going into the UV EDITING mode: 

Capture.JPG

Thanks again for the appreciated help 

As Gaia has pointed out, you need to be in Edit Mode, in the right hand screen. In this image, you are in Object Mode. The version I'm using, compared to the version you are using, is not any different for UV unwrapping.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.