why not support prepaid cards?

jasonite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i just spent alot of money on a greendot prepaid credit card i cannot use. why not support prepaid cards? i think it is BS. now i have a junk card i can do nothing with. it is non refundable. maybe yall should think about that some. i am sure i am not the only 1 that has done the same.

5 answers to this question

jasonite wrote:

i just spent alot of money on a greendot prepaid credit card i cannot use. why not support prepaid cards? i think it is BS. now i have a junk card i can do nothing with. it is non refundable. maybe yall should think about that some. i am sure i am not the only 1 that has done the same.

Hiya, Jasonite. Why did you get a prepaid credit card?  Did you not think to see if it was compatible with the places you wished to purchase from before you put money into it?

I use a Paypal account, which I add funds to, so it works like a prepaid card. I do not know if you can use Paypal though - again, you would have to look into this before commiting yourself.

We all learn from our mistakes.

In the words of a former president..."I feel your pain, Jasonite".

I went around in circles today for about two hours, with SL and Paypal, trying to purchase some L$ with a virtual Mastercard from a Camel promotion. The gist I walked away with was that at one time, SL did accept gift cards/prepaid cards, but not now. I understand at one time, accounts would be opened up with the information, but it's difficult to collect funds from a depleted card.

One suggestion was to open a Paypal account to get around SL policy. On paper a great idea, however, Paypal doesn't accept prepaid cards either. In the end, I deleted the PP account.

Kudos to Yedda L Scout for going far and beyond in attempting to make the purchase go through, but nada!

If there is a way to purchase L$ with a prepaid card, I'm listening.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.