LindeX Exchange Issue I think!! Help!

DarioFederico

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I recently purchased 5,500 Lindens from the LindeX Exchange, at the rate of 280L per 1 USD. My bank account was charged, and I have yet to receive any of the Lindens... I dont even show up in my transaction history, except that I was charge 19.95, and shows no linden amount. What do I do, I'm worried that I just wasted $20!!

Thank you for any assistance! , this is my first time buying too :/

3 answers to this question

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7.  They are very helpful:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

The exchange rate you mention gives me a clue as to your possible problem.

Did you make a LIMIT BUY, specifying the exchange rate and amount you wanted?  if so, then what has happened is that your payment method was charged, and your OFFER to buy 5,500 $L at $L280 = $1 USD was put on file.  That offer will remain open until either someone is willing to sell to you at that exchange rate, or until you cancel the order.

And here is the thing...the trading range for the $L is actually very narrow, and is right around $L250 = $1 USD.  So, it is almost certain that your order will never be filled.

I recommend canceling your order, and simply placing a market buy...buying however many $L you can get for $20 USD at the current exchange rate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.