buying a small parcel of land

Rstan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need a small parcel with nearly 600 prims only.  The parcel should be in modern city, Light commercial, but I'm interested in not rent it, but buy?  Is it possible? without any permanent tiers?  I see everywhere only sell whole SIM, regions, but small parcels are only for rental.

Rstan wrote:

I need a small parcel with nearly 600 prims only.  The parcel should be in modern city, Light commercial, but I'm interested in not rent it, but buy?  Is it possible? without any permanent tiers?  I see everywhere only sell whole SIM, regions, but small parcels are only for rental.

You will always have to pay tier, no matter how small or big your land is. The only difference is who you pay it to, because that could be another resident or LL directly. Those offers of selling whole sims mean, that someone doesn't want to own his SIM anymore and so they seek for someone who wants to have that sim. The new owner usually pays a small fee to the person selling the sim, but avoid the cost of openeing a total new sim, which, if I remember that right, costs 1000$ once for set up.

Discussion about 1024 sqm with one of my friend:

if you pay by the month on premium account, you will pay $9.95 USD per month (i think) plus $8 USD per month land use fee (tier). .

I rent 1444 sqm (163 prims) private estate for $5 per month.

I don't understand the profits for me to buy mailand parcel and become premium resident.

your calculation isn't right

premium = 72 a year (yearly subscription)

stipend = +/- 60 a year (52 x 300 l$ at a rate of 250/1 usd)

your premium costs 1 $ a month

you get  512 sqm free of tier

so for 1024 sqm 234 prims you would pay 5 $ to LL, and for the premium you get extended support,  live support chat, yearly a few gifts and premium sandboxes ...

so you have  little more space now, but less prims ...

if you make a group, (with a alt), you also would get 10% more land before your tier would go up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.