How do I find the EXACT middle of a 1/8 region?

Arielle6768

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a 1/8 region and would like to know the least stressful way of finding the EXACT middle of my region. I'm thinking of have a enviroment rezzer and would like to place it where my neighbours won't have a problem with it.

And this is good info for me to have if I decide to have another space and want to either use a enviro rezzer there, or just to know the center of the plot of land.

Thanks for the advice!

Arielle

It's going to depend on the dimensions of the parcel. You can find out the coordinates from north to south then east to west and find the center point between each. For example if  most northern point is at 120 and south is at 60 then the center would be at 90. Then East at 120 and west at 60 then the center of your parcel would be at 90,90. Hope that makes sense.

Arielle, 1/8 region is 8192 m² and mostly not shaped like a square but like a rectangular of 128 x 64 meters. In that case you can do like what was suggested in the other reply but for the second measurement don't use a point 32 meters of a border but 64 meters ... logic. Hey, I'm absolutely challenged spaz when it's about math and numbers but that's stuff we learned in 2nd grade, no?

Rez two 64x64 prims (height is irrelevant, you could do them 64x64x64 as long as it doesn't bother you), stick them together (you can use auto-align tools, if your viewer has them, or do it manually by checking their X, Y, Z coordinates and making sure they're equal in two of them and separated exactly 64 m. in the other... or even do it visually if you don't require such precission) and link them; then move the resulting object until it covers your parcel exactly (you can show the parcel's boundaries as guide, with menu “World” > “Show” > “Property Lines”). Then edit the object, copy its X, Y coordinates: there you have the center. You can even paste those X, Y coordinates for the actual rezzer object, and it will also be centered.

if you are the owner of the region, go into your dashboard on sl.com > land manager > my mainland ....and find the parcel there by guessing where you think close to the middle is and you can find the exact coordinates of the middle under your list of parceled land. 

Even if its not mainland you can still find the exact coordinates of the middle  there for your private estate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.