Recommendations for TVs (and media centers)

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For quite a while, I provided LevaHome VEA televisions for my renters.  In the past months, many of the functions and channel choices have stopped working.  LevaHome is selling a newer model, but I don't really want to spend several thousand $L with them a second time, just to get back functionality that they didn't bother to keep updated for their current customers.

I'm using Trigitec radios for music stream tuning, and the customer support there has been excellent.  Bravo, Trigitec!

Has anyone got a brand of TV that they recommend?

I have a few TVs, and like you was dissappointed that I had to fork out again to go from VEA2 to 3.

I also have Deimos and Deadly Oliver TVs.

The Deadly Oliver one has a very good list of current films and TV shows on it.

Deimos is very good too.

But if I was doing parcel rentals I would ask them directly what deals they can do on multiple TVs, from the reviews both makes have good customer service.

The Rezzed TV viewer is the best one I've seen and used so far, and it's only $10L on SL Marketplace. I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post links, but if you just search Rezzed TV on Marketplace, you'll find it. Here's a cut/paste of the description, though. 

New for version 2.0... It's MESH! and it is only ONE PRIM Land Impact! WooHoo!!

This player uses Shared Media to display the included website URLs or any you wish to add to it. (Please note, because it uses Shared Media rather than parcel media you must be using an SL viewer built on the V2.0 codebase or later that supports this feature.*)

Why spend HUNDREDS of L$ on a unit that will take you an hour to figure out just how to operate when for the cost of ONE texture upload you can have a shared media player that will do 90% of everything you will probably ever use it for anyway?

FREE LIFETIME UPDATES INCLUDED!

PRELOADED WITH POPULAR INTERNET VIDEO SITES! Just rez it and start watching!

Unit is COPY and MODIFY so you can easily resize, re-texture or colorize it to fit your home decor! (Scripts are no modify) (To resize, grab a corner in edit mode and puuuull.)

Only 1 prim land impact! Perfect for your Linden Home!

SIMPLE SETUP!

Rez it. That's it! No group control box. No lengthy menus. No chat commands to remember. No blah-blah-blah users manuals that go on for ages. So simple even a Linden can use it!**

To change stations just press the 'next' and 'back' arrows on either side! (between the screen and speakers)

Unit automatically defaults to Owner control only to prevent unauthorized users from changing channels on you while you are watching. To change the security settings, reset the player, or get a copy of the operation manual, touch the 'rezzedtv' logo on the bottom of the player. This will open the options menu:

Reset : Resets the player
On/Off: Turns player off and on (Screen is black when off. Resets url to default when turned on)
Info : Gives a copy of the User Manual
Owner : Only Owner can change channels.
Group : Allows group members to change channels.
Everyone : Allows anyone to change channels.
Media Bar : Toggles on/off the menu bar that appears when your cursor hovers over the screen and lets you input a url manually. Default is off.
Verbose : Toggles on/off the announcements in local chat of the url when changing channels. Default is off.

'Stations' are urls of sites on the internet that offer streaming video you can watch in Second Life through the wonders of Shared Media. Changing channels up and down on the player causes the player to rotate through the installed urls.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.