Recommendations for Horses?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I pulled my beloved AKK horse out of inventory and did a bit of riding yesterday.  Since I purchased the horse in 2008 (Wow!! time flies in SL!!!) I was curious to see what the current AKK horses look like with the combination of the wonderful features AKK always put into upgrades plus the advent of mesh.  I teleported over to what had always been a very busy sim and...saw that the latest update was apparently 2009.  From looking at the profile of one of the creators I got the impression something had happened that stopped further updates sometime in the past.

Since AKK was my go-to sim for horses I have no idea where to begin looking for a new horse.  Would love to hear some suggestions. :)

Venus Petrov wrote:

Not much in close to one year.  I suppose she is busy.

Thank you for your suggestion, Jinny.  I was thinking the same thing as well, Venus...but I'm slowly moving up from 2008.  Anyone create a riding horse in 2013?

I just need to get in world and start looking. 

Edit: typo

Try the horses at KOT Stables. They are beautifully animated, and their movement is fluid as far as riding goes! They do cost about 3000L I think, but they are well worth the price. The only small compromise you might have to make with them, is making yourself taller. There is a demo at KOT, to try before you buy. Give them a go, and see how you like them. :)

I just tped to the place in world; it should be there. The designer name is Capall, I believe? If you type in kot horse in the search engine, it should pop up as the first result. It would be listed at KOT Horse Stables. I hope this helps, somewhat? :)

EDIT: Type kot horse in the search engine located in game, I mean. :)

Ash Cyriac wrote:

I just tped to the place in world; it should be there. The designer name is Capall, I believe? If you type in kot horse in the search engine, it should pop up as the first result. It would be listed at KOT Horse Stables. I hope this helps, somewhat?
:)

EDIT: Type kot horse in the search engine located in game, I mean.
:)

I'll try again.  Last time I was in world I tried KOT and KOT horses and didn't get any hits. (I was using the Places tab.)  I then just began inputting horse stables, horseback riding, horses, and any related words I could think of.  Could have been a bad search engine day in SL. ;)

• 1 year later...

The AKK Horse Ranch lost some sims due to a variety of things, including sl population drop, tier increases, world wide cash shortages, and the  real biggie, a rl brain anyursim surgery and heart attack. Loss of a parent had to fall in there as well.  Concentration was non existant, and the steep learning curve mesh called for required it. 

As of Christmas Eve 2015, we were finally able to release a small herd of ten 95% mesh horses,(I couldn't bear to have stiff manes and tails) with glowing reviews from our beta testers. 

As always, they are full functioning animated riding horses, mod copy, and there is a free demo to try out. Come back and see us ..It's our 10 year anniversary in second life!!  :)

Kristivon Kolache and Spritely Pixel

AKK Horse Ranch in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.