Where's a Good Home Location?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trying to get back into SL, I used to be premium and had a little house on a 512 set as home. Now that I'm basically SL homeless, I need a new place to start up. Would be even nicer to have a regular place to unpack/get dressed. I always hear about people who don't really bother with home-owning in Second Life... so what's a good place to set as a home location? 

Really just a regular spot to unpack stuff and get dressed with maybe a bit of privacy. I came across a few places when I was new, for example a big castle with a lot of "dressing room" areas where the owner let you join group and unpack stuff. I thought it was a good idea especially for people just starting out, but I haven't been able to find alot of places like that since.

It would also be useful if it was a place where people went, as most places I've looked at so far are empty and still have X-mas stuff up, which makes me think no one ever frequents it.

I feel like I'm asking after something weird. Most people just start up anywhere? Or have a regular club/bar/home where they meet up with others, it seems. I'm strangely attached to the idea of a home, and I don't know anyone in SL besides real life friends I've convinced to join. So I need a home to come back to, or I just kinda feel lost sometimes.

The first few weeks I was in SL as a newb, i just used the bottom of the ocean.  No one ever came there and it was private. Rezzing may be a problem, but many merchants are putting things in bags you wear to open them. 

Alternatively , why not rent a small skybox?  Small ones with a few extra prims for opening packages can be had for as little as $50L a week.  Check classifieds.

i've seen photos of people getting dressed in the ocean, it's definitely an amusing thought if nothing else. But i ended up renting a skybox afterall, i found one for L$80 that seems to be a part of a fairly active community as well. Problems solved, for now~  Thank you for your reply! :cathappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.