How do I stop an NPC from rezzing?

Flashfire07

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In a sandbox area I spawned a few npcs and various items that created shootable characters. The only issue is I can't figure out how to stop them spawning. There is no indication as to where they are spawning from, they simply pop out of the ground at the same spot. I have tried clicking that spot and the area around it but have not found anything. So how do I get rid of them?

2 answers to this question

You have rezzed a temp rezzer somewhere, probably at the spot where you are seeing new NPC's appearing.  You should be able to see it easily if you view transparent objects (CTRL + Alt + T).  Then collect it or delete it.  Alternatively, you can wait until the sandbox's autoreturn does that for you (hopefully without banning you for using a temp rezzer -- some sand boxes don't like that).

• Like 4

Hi Flashfire,

In addition to Rolig's advice for finding an invislble object, I'll add that Build->Pathfinding->Linksets will pop up a window showing all objects in the region. If you click on the "Owner" column header, the list will be sorted by name (you can click again to reverse the sort order). Find yourself in the list and locate the object you wish to remove from the sim. There's a button for taking it back into inventory and a button for teleporting to anything that's too far away to do that.

A couple weeks ago, someone had a similar problem and the transparent rezzers were so tiny (.01m on a side) that even highlighting transparent objects didn't help in locating them. They were, however, easy to find in the Linkset list, and could be removed from there.

Good luck!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.