Destinations window is always displayed when I start the viewer

Irene Muni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all.

Every time I open the offcial viewer (last version) the UI shows the 'Destinations' window:

destinations.jpg

Is there any way to disable this? Is there any way that the viewer does not show that Destinations window when I start it?

BTW no, I have not the Destination button in my Toolbar Buttons.

Greetings and thanks in advance :)

- - - - - - - - - -

ETA @Ansariel: I use Firestorm almost always (do you know Firestorm? you should try it LOL LOL LOL). Sometimes I use Phoenix (when I only need a "quick work" :) ). But I should use the offcial viewer when I'm working with the Spanish translation team :) Thanks for your answer :) (see my comment to Valerie's answer or the edit in mi question).

ETA @ Valerie: Yes!! I had tried uninstall&reinstall. But I had not tried a FULLY uninstall!! Problem solved at least for the moment (who knows what will happen tomorrow). But am I a Helper and I had forgotten the old and useful fully uninstall??? Please, vote against ranks! :D :D :D Thanks for your answer (I have edited my question for clarify).

ETA @Marigold: I agree, the V3 is a vast improvement over the V", and I know how importanr are destinations in SL for new residents ... and for veteran residents! Thanks for your answer :) (see my comment to Valerie's answer or the edit in mi question).

PS. Readers: see comments to the answers -> click 'Permalink'

11 answers to this question

Good Morning, Irene, and everyone.

I think this is a feature rather than a bug.  LL are listening to people - and they know that a lot of new residents arrive in world and often do not know what they are 'meant' to do with 'the game' (!) next, and often they leave, so I think LL are automatically having Destinations up on screen when we login to keep (new) people interested. The media is automatically turned on too, and even though I always switch this off, it comes on when I relog. Again, new people might like this.

I do like the teleport history feature, and am feeling that Viewer 3 is morphing - little by little - into Phoenix/other TPVs.  Maybe in another year's time it will be perfect :matte-motes-wink:

They've removed the teleport to help feature too - the Greeter Islands were only being Beta tested, but this is sad to see no longer available. I am sure it was very successful (although I think the Helpers on Greeter Island may all be in straitjackets by now!!!).

• Like 1

I use Firestorm almost always (do you know Firestorm? you should try it LOL LOL LOL). Sometimes I use Phoenix (when I only need a "quick work" :smileyhappy: ). But I should use the offcial viewer when I'm working with the Spanish translation team :smileyhappy: Thanks for your answer :smileyhappy: (see my comment to Valerie's answer or the edit in mi question).

ETA @ Valerie: Yes!! I had tried uninstall&reinstall. But I had not tried a FULLY uninstall!! Problem solved at least for the moment (who knows what will happen tomorrow). But am I a Helper and I had forgotten the old and useful fully uninstall??? Please, vote against ranks! :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: Thanks for your answer (I have edited my question for clarify).

I do wish they would do away with the "permalink" and just make this like the forums section and have "reply" buttons. 

The beautiful thing about being a Helper, is that we all still run into problems too - and hopefully can help each other.  There is always something new to learn in (Second) Life :matte-motes-smile::matte-motes-sick::matte-motes-nerdy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.