Prim Questions

Red52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,  I am renting a parcel with a house provided by the owner.  In the attic of the house is a space I would like to use, so I tried putting a 'floor' above the ceiling for this space.  However, my av keeps falling through the prim I made for the attic floor.  I don't understand why this is happening.  How can I change this?

Also - is this something the owner needs to change?

Along the same lines - how do you reverse a part of a prim that is unseen or made to be phantom?

Thank you!

Red52

Red52 wrote:

Hello,  I am renting a parcel with a house provided by the owner.  In the attic of the house is a space I would like to use, so I tried putting a 'floor' above the ceiling for this space.  However, my av keeps falling through the prim I made for the attic floor.  I don't understand why this is happening.  How can I change this?

Also - is this something the owner needs to change?

Along the same lines - how do you reverse a part of a prim that is unseen or made to be phantom?

Thank you!

Red52

Sounds like you set the prim to "phantom."   That is why you are falling through it.

In the object tab of the edit window, uncheck "phantom."

Were you trying to use phantom to make the prim invisible?

Hi Perrie - no the floor prim I made is not set to phantom (just checked it.)  I moved it out of the house yesterday to see if that made a difference- I am still falling through it.

Could it be that the ceiling in the house (where I am trying to put the 'floor' above), that one side is set to phantom?  The interior of the ceiling (that I can see in the room), will not allow my av to pass through it.

Red52 wrote:

Hi Perrie - no the floor prim I made is not set to phantom (just checked it.)  I moved it out of the house yesterday to see if that made a difference- I am still falling through it.

That's strange.  Are you certain you don't have one face set to phantom?  Otherwise I'm lost and would suggest making a new prim.

Red52 wrote:

Could it be that the ceiling in the house (where I am trying to put the 'floor' above), that one side is set to phantom?  The interior of the ceiling (that I can see in the room), will not allow my av to pass through it.

Yes, that is possible.

Hmmm... I tried using an extra prim from the house that I did not fall through, as the new floor for attic.  Once I put in attic, I fell through it. 

There are parts of the house I cannot edit/ mod because the landlord owns it.  I do not see 'phantom' selected for any of these prims I am falling through.  Maybe it's something only the owner can see?  (it is an Inverse home.)

Landlord is a very nice guy - will contact him to help.

Thanks for everything, Perrie - Happy New Year!

Red52

Hi....Is it possible that the part of the house that you are placing the new floor/ceiling  prim  is actually a little bit past /overhanging  the "edge" of the sim?    this would not be a problem for the original linked house.....because its center axis is inside the sim boundries.  But a new unlinked prim...sitting over the edge of the sim...will behave as phantom.

dd

Hi dd - thanks for the tip, however I checked, and this part of the house is not near a sim edge.  I am still trying to figure this one out.. I bought the house so I could copy/ mod without having to contact the landlord.  Although the house says 'copy/ mod,' not all of the parts are modifiable. 

I wonder if this is because there are scripts in the house for lights, window shades, etc.? 

This attic space is strange.. I can put a TP pad up there and land on it without falling through.  However, on any other prim, I fall through.  Think I will have to contact the creator to see if this can be changed.

Happy New Year!

Red52

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.