How do I stop dancing with a hud?

Iiyola

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My friend and I both have dancing huds where we can invite people to dance with us.
The problem is that when we stop dancing, and start up again at another time, the other person dances along with us without being invited.

For example, if my friend fires up her hud and we dance for a bit, stop, and then come back later, I will start dancing along with her if she starts it up again, even though I'm no where near her (same sim though).

She uses a huddles, and I use another type of random hud.

Is there a special protocol that you need to use before turning off the dance? I was thinking that you had to 'remove' the person from your hud before you finished, is this correct?

2 answers to this question

In general, any system that has to ask for permission to animate you will retain that permission until you take it back --- usually by standing up or by detaching the scripted object. It sounds like you are using a chim that can manage several people at once.  I would normally expect that sort of unit to release permissions when a person clicks the "Stand" button, but it may hold permissions until YOU -- the HUD owner -- release them by resetting its scripts. All HUDs are different, so there's no uniform rule that will tell you what to expect. I suggest detaching your HUD unless you are planning to use ity right away, partly to reduce the amount of scripted stuff you are carrying around, and partly to be sure that your HUD releases any permissions it might still hold.

A HUDDLES device will tell you how to stop participating when it sends you its initial offer message.  If I recall, the chat channel is either 50 or 99.  Try saying, /50 stop or /99 stop in local chat.

Failing that, you can use Me/Avatar Health/Stop Animations to stop dancing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.